Upcoming Practitioner Diversion Awareness Conference (PDAC)
In an effort to educate practitioners on current trends involving pharmaceutical controlled substances including the potential of controlled substance diversion, the FSMB recently partnered with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to develop and host live continuing medical education (CME) activities for licensed physicians and physician assistants. During these one-day regional conferences, attendees will be presented with the current laws and regulations concerning valid controlled substance prescriptions as well as key federal and states resources available to them. Information on how to help patients and their family members overcome controlled substance addiction will also be discussed.
Conferences are open to all DEA registered physicians, physician assistants, veterinarians, dentists and nurse practitioners.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Federation of State Medical Boards and the United States Drug Enforcement Administration. The Federation of State Medical Boards is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Federation of State Medical Boards designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The next regional PDAC will be held on:
- June 14, 2019, at Grand Valley State University – Charles W. Loosemore Auditorium/Richard M. DeVos Center, 401 Fulton Street W., Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504
- July 19 and 20, 2019, at the Arizona Biltmore Waldorf Astoria Resort, 2400 East Missouri Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85016
- July 22 and 23, 2019, at the Indianapolis Marriott East, 7202 East 21st Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
- August 19 and 20, 2019, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Downtown, 700 Elm Street, Manchester, New Hampshire 03101
For more information about these conferences, please click here.
Seating is limited and it is recommended you register early. These are one-day conferences that are repeated the following day. Participants only need to attend one day of the conference.
Disclaimer: DEA’s participation in these events as a co-sponsor does not constitute an endorsement by the DEA of FSMB products or services.
- May 5 and 6, 2018, at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, 6677 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, FL 32821
- August 6 and 7, 2018, at The Seelbach Hilton Hotel, 500 S. 4th Street, Louisville, KY 40202
- September 29 and 30, 2018, at Charleston Marriott Town Center, 200 Lee Street East, Charleston, WV 25301
- November 9, 2018, at Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium at Wayne State University, 471 W. Palmer Avenue, Detroit, MI 48202
- November 18 and 19, 2018, at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, 611 Commerce Street, Nashville, TN 37203
- December 17 and 18, 2018, at Hershey Lodge, 325 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
- February 4 and 5, 2019, at Hilton Anaheim, 777 W. Convention Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
- March 18 and 19, 2019, at Renaissance Cleveland Hotel, 24 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44113
- May 5 and 6, 2019, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman Hotel & Conference Center, 2501 Conference Drive, Norman, Oklahoma 73069
- June 3 and 4, 2019, at the Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, 1131 North DuPont Highway, Dover, Delaware 19901