Upcoming Practitioner Diversion Awareness Conference (PDAC)
In an effort to educate practitioners on current trends involving pharmaceutical controlled substances including the potential of controlled substance diversion, the FSMB recently partnered with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to develop and host live continuing medical education (CME) activities for licensed physicians and physician assistants. During these one-day regional conferences, attendees will be presented with the current laws and regulations concerning valid controlled substance prescriptions as well as key federal and states resources available to them. Information on how to help patients and their family members overcome controlled substance addiction will also be discussed.
Conferences are open to all DEA registered physicians, physician assistants, veterinarians, dentists and nurse practitioners.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Federation of State Medical Boards and the United States Drug Enforcement Administration. The Federation of State Medical Boards is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Federation of State Medical Boards designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For more information about these conferences, please click here.
Seating is limited and it is recommended you register early. These are one-day conferences that are repeated the following day. Participants only need to attend one day of the conference.
Disclaimer: DEA’s participation in these events as a co-sponsor does not constitute an endorsement by the DEA of FSMB products or services.
- March 16–17, 2020, at the Sheraton Baltimore North, 903 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, Maryland 21204
- February 22–23, 2020, at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, 5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, Virginia 22311
- January 13–14, 2020, at the Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, 5151 San Francisco Road NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109
- December 16–17, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham, 1000 Riverchase Galleria, Birmingham, Alabama 35244
- November 6, 2019, at the Augusta Civic Center – North Wing, 76 Community Drive, Augusta, Maine 04330
- November 4–5, 2019, at the Hilton Garden Inn, 3300 Vandiver Drive, Columbia, Missouri 65202
- October 21–22, 2019, at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside, 2 Poydras Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
- September 25, 2019, at William Paterson University – University Commons Ballroom, 300 Pompton Road, Wayne, New Jersey 07470
- August 19–20, 2019, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Downtown, 700 Elm Street, Manchester, New Hampshire 03101
- July 22–23, 2019, at the Indianapolis Marriott East, 7202 East 21st Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
- July 19–20, 2019, at the Arizona Biltmore Waldorf Astoria Resort, 2400 East Missouri Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85016
- June 14, 2019, at Grand Valley State University – Charles W. Loosemore Auditorium/Richard M. DeVos Center, 401 Fulton Street W., Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504
- June 3–4, 2019, at the Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, 1131 North DuPont Highway, Dover, Delaware 19901
- May 5–6, 2019, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Norman Hotel & Conference Center, 2501 Conference Drive, Norman, Oklahoma 73069
- March 18–19, 2019, at Renaissance Cleveland Hotel, 24 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44113
- February 4–5, 2019, at Hilton Anaheim, 777 W. Convention Way, Anaheim, CA 92802