STEP 3 SITE
All USMLE Step 3-related processes are accessible via the Step 3 site:
- Apply for Step 3
- Submit your Step 3 Certification of Identity (CID) form
- Update your name (add a name, change/correct your name)
- Update your contact information (email, phone, address)
- Check the status of your Step 3 application, scheduling permit and score report
- Access, download and print your Step 3 scheduling permit
- Access, download and print your Step 3 score report
Step 3 Score Delay
Scores for examinees taking Step 3 in early 2024 will be released March 13.
Necessary annual modifications to the test item pool will result in a delay in reporting Step 3 scores for examinees who test in early 2024.
If you need your Step 3 scores before March 13, 2024, the USMLE program recommends that you complete the exam no later than December 31, 2023.
Please note that there will be no USMLE Step 3 examinations administered January 1-14, 2024. Following March 13, 2024, most Step 3 scores will be reported within four weeks of testing.
Scheduled Review of USMLE Step 3 passing standard
The USMLE Management Committee is scheduled to conduct a review of the passing standard for USMLE Step 3 at its December 2023 meeting. If the Committee determines that a change to the passing standard is appropriate, the new recommended passing standard will become effective for all examinees who take the Step 3 examination on or after January 1, 2024. As more information becomes available, updates and the final decision will appear on the USMLE website.
See the September 28 announcement on the USMLE website for additional information.
When selecting your eligibility period, please keep in mind that the busiest testing times at Prometric are May through July and November through December.
REMINDER: The USMLE is not available the first two weeks in January. Please keep this in mind when selecting your eligibility period.
|2023 Fees||Effective Dates for 2023 Fees|
|$915||Three-month eligibility periods that end in 2023.|
|The first eligibility period in which the 2023 fee will apply is November 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023.|
|The last eligibility period in which the 2023 fee will apply is October 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023.|
|2024 Fees||Effective Dates for 2024 Fees|
|$925||Three-month eligibility periods that end in 2024.|
|The first eligibility period in which the 2024 fee will apply is November 1, 2023 - January 31, 2024.|
|The last eligibility period in which the 2024 fee will apply is October 1, 2024 - December 31, 2024.|
The stakes on a medical licensing exam are high! Don't do something that might jeopardize your future as a licensed physician. Be sure you understand all the USMLE policies on security and irregular behavior by reviewing the information posted here.
FOR NEW AND UPCOMING GRADUATES
Do not apply for Step 3 until after the date of graduation on your medical school diploma. If you apply before you have graduated, your application will be cancelled and a portion of your fees will be forfeited.
It can take up to 12 weeks after you graduate for FSMB to verify your graduation with your medical school. Please keep this in mind when selecting your eligibility period, since free extensions of your chosen eligibility period are not provided.
Please feel free to contact us before you apply to find out if your graduation has been verified. We can be reached at (817) 868-4041 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central) or email@example.com.
IF YOUR TEST CENTER CLOSES ON YOUR TEST DATE(S):
A listing of test center closures is available on the Prometric website. If your test center is closed due to inclement weather or other issues and you are not able to test, you must do the following:
- If you have not opened the exam at all (i.e., not yet taken Day 1), you should first try to reschedule your test date(s) by contacting Prometric; you will be required to wait 24 hours after receiving the closure/cancellation notification from Prometric before doing this so that the Prometric system has time to reset. If you are unable to reschedule after waiting the required 24 hours or have other issues, please email FSMB at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have opened any part of the exam (i.e., started or completed Day 1), send an email to USMLE Test Admin at email@example.com
- The email should include: your full name, USMLE ID, test center location, brief summary of the issue (e.g., center closed due to inclement weather) and the ticket number from Prometric, if provided.
The test center closure will be verified directly with Prometric. This takes several business days. Once the closure is verified, you will be contacted via email with detailed information for rescheduling your test date(s). A free extension of your eligibility period will be provided, if needed, to allow you time to reschedule.
APPLYING FOR AND TAKING STEP 3
Detailed information and guidance about the Step 3 application, scheduling and testing is available here.